Monday, August 07, 2017

Mini ♥ Granny Square

Almost a week ago I saw a tiny granny square with a heart in the middle on instagram (made by talented Susan @suregal27)
and today I finally tried it out :)

heart was simple and looked cute but I struggled to make the second round square up like it should according to the pattern .. so obviously - I frogged it a few times and finally made my own perfect hearty granny square ♥



1st row - heart! (as seen on Susans @suregal27 instagram profile)

Magic circle. Ch2, 3 tr, 3 dc, 1tr, 3dc, 3 tr worked in magic circle. Ch2, sl st in magic circle. Tighten magic circle.

2nd row - my way of squaring it up ;)
All worked in back loop.

Ch 1, dc, hdc on the last tr of the heart, dc in the ch. Skip ch on the heart, tr in the magic ring, skip ch on the heart. Dc in the 2nd ch. Hdc, dc in the first tr of the heart ch 2. Dc, hdc in next st. Sc, hdc. Dc, htrc in next st. Tr, ch2, tr,htr in next st. Dc, hdc, dc in next st. Htr, tr, ch2, tr in next st. Htr, dc in next st. Hdc, sc. Hdc, dc in next st, ch sl st..


Have you ever wondered how many possibilities there are for a simple two round granny square?
After today I'd say 4! original, solid, with dot in the middle aaaaand with the heart in the middle :P


Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I cant get it into a square, is there a way to get more clear to where the stitches go on the heart?

    ReplyDelete