Friday, October 09, 2015

Scrappy Rug

Today I had my first yoga session on my still unfinished new yoga mat :)
It was a bliss ... all those colors inspired me to better myself (I am still pretty bad at all asanas but I love the way I feel after my workout). hopefully tomorrows session will be longer but with two little ones in the home no-one is ever sure of anything ..

how it started ...
I had a bowl with leftover yarn balls collected from frogged jumpers and previous projects. All those incompatible colours and yarn weights kept me thinking what to do? And as always answer was so simple! Take the lightest and thickest yarn and crochet away together!



In the beginning I tried my best to pick colors that compliment each other, but as the ScrappyRug grew I just left most of choosing to the fate and the color choices are more random and more color-full.


When one little yarn ball ends simply pick another one and keep on going! ;)
I use hdc to make it grow faster and show off more color than sc (but I have made few rows with dc I don't know why ... but I am definitely not frogging this!)


And I am trying to weave in (or rather crochet over) ends as I go to make it less painful to finish it one day :)

Happy crafting!

p.s. my scrappyrug adventure on instagramm

No comments:

Post a Comment