Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring sweater


Hi and hello! ;)
My spring sweater is ready to rock this world!



As you might guess it's freezing outside! (-1C to be precise) so I ran out, snapped few photos and ran back in (thank god and my husband for hot fireplace in the kitchen) :)
It's gonna be about a month till +10C and real opportunity to show this beauty outside tough ...

This is the yarn that jumpstarted my spring ;)


And here I have started my granny style spring sweater ..
In the begging there were looooooong chain and huge hole for the head :P when I felt like shoulders are covered I folded this square and started working in rounds.


Loads more pictures to come ;)







It's always fun to work with variegated yarn :)



Sleeve tested my patience ...
This is fifth and final try for this sleeve angle (have no clue how to name it otherwise so I'm sticking with it). when I started this sweater I thought I would make the sleeve in 90degrees and that's that. but it folded sooooo terribly in my armpit that I couldn't leave it like that .. soooo I made 7 halfrows to make it look good :)


Repeating the same angle on other hand was soo much easier than coming up with it the first place ...


Yarn ends would have driven me crazy but fortunately I managed to weave them all in during my 3day vacation from family (first in 5 years!) :)
My crafty ladies are the best!!! we went to Vilnius and had a great time :)



It looked so much better on the green background ... but still - very happy how this turned out :) and in the actual spring there will be green background everywhere not just my old garage door :D



If you have read this far and were wondering - Yes, I am pregnant! baby nr3 is half way done ;)
And I have already checked - sweater stretches! so it should fit me till summer comes .. :D

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is lovely. Did you use any pattern? Care to share?
    I am trying to make one for my son and really liked this one. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :)
      I was wingin' it :D all harder parts can be copied from pictures or those few words I've said... not planning to write any more details about it because each body is so different anyone who attempts to really make this for themselves will have to figure out a few things on their own ...

      Delete