Monday, March 06, 2017

Letter of the week: S

Letter S is first one Sam learned about a year ago, she notices it everywhere! One letter S in a word and she claims that word as her own and I have to remind that letter and word is not quite the same ...


And then in last years October (I think) I made a whole crochet alphabet :) and was planning to share the letter patterns here. (I won't make any predictions on how loooong it might take me to write up all the patterns, because usually those predictions turn around and bite me :D ) And I was planning to share pattern for "S" first, but then "I" came sooooooo easily ;P
I should have written them when I was making them because then I knew every letter by heart, but now I have to look at the finished things and think real hard how did I make them ?!...


SO finally! Pattern for letter S

Row 1: Ch4, sc in 2nd st from hook, hdc, dc. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 2, dc&hdc tog (dc in same st hdc in next), sc. Turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc, hdc, dc. Turn.
Repeat 2nd and 3rd row. 4 more times.
Row 12: Ch 2, dc&hdc tog (dc in same st hdc in next), sc. Turn.
Row 13: Ch 2, on same (and next) st dc2tog, dc. Turn.
Repeat 13th row. 2 more times.
Row 16: Ch 1, sc, hdc, dc. Turn.
Row 17: Ch 2, dc&hdc tog (dc in same st hdc in next), sc. Turn.
Repeat 16th and 17th row. 5 more times.
Fasten off.
(overall letter S consists of 27 rows)


On the go photos so it's easier to understand confusing places of the pattern ;)














Check out letter I if confused about pattern for straight parts.

Happy Crafting! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment