Sunday, October 27, 2013

Morning star!

Every year around this time I spend much more time inside waiting for autumn to end end winter to start... and always I find myself wondering about all the different backgrounds we have not just as people but as nations. I am planning to tell you about our kind of halloween soon, but for now enjoy the simple jet powerful morning star!



In Latvian mythology morning star protects from evil. It symbolizes the victory of light over darkness. Jet another good versus evil stuff. And it looks great too!

I am happy it is the same size as a heart, so It will look like a pair in G-plaid. There are still million and one yarn end to weave in just for these two squares, but they are worth it!


You might be already familiar with mine or Kates heart witch is made in same technique as this lovely morning star for G-plaid. And here is a simple way for diagonal color changing if you want to try this yourself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment